Search This Blog

Monday 1 April 2013

Chocolate Cupcakes :)

Why hello there, friends. This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but as it was Easter Sunday -- happy Easter everyone! -- I'll be posting a day late.

These are the chocolate cupcakes I made yesterday. This is the recipe:

100g self raising flour
100g caster sugar
100g butter
2 eggs
2 tbsp cocoa powder

Beat together until smooth and bake at 180 degrees C or 170 fan, for 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven. Makes around 12.

This recipe is my personal version of the basic chocolate cupcake recipe which you can find in pretty much any baking book. It's super easy, anyone can do it. You don't even have to sift the flour if you're that lazy, I often don't, but the cake will be lighter if you do. These can be decorated however you want -- I like to spread that ready-made Betty Crocker icing you can buy in supermarkets, or a chocolate ganache is great. If you need a ganache recipe, I recommend "lovely lady cakes" on YouTube -- all her tutorials are fantastic. Happy baking and see you on Wednesday -- I have some very exciting news for you... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment